Friday, October 21, 2011

The Joker's Killing Jokes

It is very rare that a character in one single movie comes up with so many quotes from its peculiar perception of the world that' ll mess up your brains. Heath Ledger's Joker in the movie Dark Knight is one I know of. It has made to my most interesting characters in movies list.. which I've been thinking of writing for a while now. 

As I was surfing the net looking for them I found this on NYDailyNews.com.

Jack Nicholson, who played the Joker in 1989 - and who was furious he wasn't consulted about the creepy role - offered a cryptic comment when told Ledger was dead.
"Well," Nicholson told reporters in London early Wednesday, "I warned him."

Ledger recently told reporters he "slept an average of two hours a night" while playing "a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy ...
"I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."
Prescription drugs didn't help, he said.

Creepy ain't it? Note that Ledger died from consumption of a combination of prescription drugs.

Just as I expected the Joker's quotes are posted all over the internet so I don't need to stop and rewind throughout the movie to write back what the Joker said. There are a lot them and some even quoted every single word, but these are my personal favourites.




I believe whatever doesn’t kill you simply makes you… stranger

Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I am an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos, Harvey? It’s fair.

I’m like a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one…I’d just do things.

See, their morals, their code: it’s a bad joke. They’re dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. You’ll see, when the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take your pick

chords (1) IT (7) jokes (2) life (16) movies (2) music (4) politics (1) rants (4) religion (4) science (2) teka-teki (1) tips (1) world (3) writings (2)