Sunday, October 9, 2011

Whitesnake in Kuala Lumpur!!

Boy oh boy...one of my favourite rock band is coming to Malaysia to visit me..yes me!!..not!! Well they are coming for a tour in Kuala Lumpur though. I'm not going to copy-paste any review from the internet about this band. I'd like to tell it in my own personal way..about what Whitesnake meant to me.

To tell you the truth, i can't say that I own every single album of Whitesnake. In fact, I don't own any! My big brother had one cassette..yes a cassette..we're not rich enough to own a CD player at that time which was outrageously expensive and not to mention about the price of one disc album which if I'm not mistaken about RM70 compared to a RM10 cassette. This was in the early 90's which apparently to be 20 years ago..and not just like a few years ago as I often imagined.

My wife always scold me for relating things with what they were in the 80's and 90's which she thinks irrational..well excuse me for living on the past. In the past, everything seems to matter more. Now everything is on the fast pace and seem to fly by so quickly hence making it much less appreciable. If you don't have a Friendster today then it's okay because MySpace and Facebook will come out before you know it. It's just like that.

Anyway..back to Whitesnake..they always have spot in my list of having really great songs which I would always play once in a while between a rotation of many many songs I've listened over the years. Not to mention the annoying syok sendiri singing around the house anytime I'm feeling like sliding it in (referring to Whitesnake song). And David Coverdale's singing is absolutely golden..making a lot of beautiful songs legendary. Songs like Here I Go Again, Is This Love and Looking For Love are some of the best rock ballads ever and the heavier ones like Children Of The Night,  Crying In The Rain and Slide It In are no less of a good song.

Coverdale had his magic not only while he was in Whitesnake but since he was in Deep Purple replacing the spot of Ian Gillan conveying songs like Burn, the bluesy Mistreated and the-ballad-everybody-know, Soldier Of Fortune.

Got the tickets already earlier this week from Victoria Music Store, Amcorp Mall PJ (grinning).


..and by the way this curly red spell-check line is bugging me to spell in American..wth..we're commonwealth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take your pick

chords (1) IT (7) jokes (2) life (16) movies (2) music (4) politics (1) rants (4) religion (4) science (2) teka-teki (1) tips (1) world (3) writings (2)